ANNAPOLIS, Md. (March 11, 2019) – As part of his continued efforts to combat tax fraud and identity theft, Comptroller Peter Franchot announces today that the agency has stopped processing electronic tax returns from 24 tax preparers at locations in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina and Georgia. The immediate suspensions were due to a high volume of questionable returns received. During the 2018 tax filing season, 74 tax preparers at 78 locations were flagged. Since Calendar Year 2016, 215 tax preparation firms at 228 locations have been suspended due to highly-suspicious tax returns. The complete list of previously blocked preparers is available online at www.marylandtaxes.gov .
“Our Questionable Returns Detection Team vigilantly monitors tax filings and is constantly keeping a watchful eye for unscrupulous preparers who submit false returns, causing financial harm to individual filers and their families and to the State of Maryland’s coffers. Blocking these swindlers and protecting hardworking Maryland taxpayers is the agency’s top priority each tax season,” said Comptroller Peter Franchot.
The Comptroller’s nationally recognized fraud unit uses state-of-the-art technology that detects suspicious returns. The unit then issues notifications to the identified fraudulent preparers. The agency refers the list of tax preparers to the Maryland Attorney General’s Office, which will prioritize the cases to be prosecuted after thorough investigations by agents with the Comptroller’s Field Enforcement Division. A review process provides an opportunity for blocked preparers to have their filing privileges restored.
The tax preparers and locations blocked from filing returns through this action are:
- CB2 Consulting LLC, 10410 Kensington Pkwy., Ste. 309, Kensington, MD 20895
- Innovative Business Accounting & Taxation Services LLC, 7029 Oak Grove Way, Elkridge, MD 21075
- Square & Eagle Group, 2100 McMahon Road, Unit 2122, Silver Spring, MD 20902
- Kang Solutions LLC, 6475 New Hampshire Ave., Ste. 504K, Hyattsville, MD 20783
- Albert Nsiah, 7104 Hanover Parkway D2, Greenbelt, MD 20770
- DonNeshia Tax Service, 6508 Asset Drive, Landover, MD 20785
- Sheila’s Tax Service, 7400 Greeley Road, Landover, MD 20785
- SW Accounting Associates, 1726 D Street, NE, 1st Floor, Washington DC 20002
- CPG & Associates LLC, 5206 Grunion Place, Waldorf MD 20603
- Kate E. Whaley, 4110 Lakeview Drive, Temple Hills, MD 20748
- Sum Up Tax Services, 6325 Brightlea Drive, Lanham, MD 20706
- Richman Financial Services, 8404 Eureka Court, Alexandria, VA 22309
- Aldrin F. Ngwa, 13810 Castle Blvd., Apt. 102, Silver Spring, MD 20904
- Henry’s Tax LLC, P.O. BOX 4916, Alexandria, VA 22303
- Keep It Simple Tax Services, 4309 Rockport Lane, Bowie, MD 20720
- Foundation Enterprises LLC, 5729 Janice Lane, Temple Hills, MD 20748
- Agadbak Tax and Financial Services, 20137 Welbeck Terrace, Montgomery Village, MD 20886
- Dionne Makins, 7301 Flag Harbor Drive, District Heights, MD 20747
- Valerie Robinson Tax Service, 12438 Old Colony Drive, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
- Whites Tax Service, 102 Billy Ave., Archdale, NC 27263
- Excellent Tax Professional, 18216 Merino Drive, Accokeek, MD 20607
- Keen Taxes And Associates LLC, 2410 Tredway Drive, Macon, GA 31211
- Taxjam LLC, 13205 3rd Street, Bowie, MD 20720
- M&S Tax Service, P.O. BOX 322, Temple Hills, MD 20757
Since taking office in 2007, the Comptroller’s office has identified and blocked more than 100,000 fraudulent returns and intercepted and denied $206 million worth of fraudulent refunds.
If taxpayers suspect fraud, they should immediately report the issue to the Comptroller’s Office by calling 1-800-MD-TAXES (1-800-638-2937) or 410-260-7980 in Central Maryland or email@example.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: Alan Brody - firstname.lastname@example.org
410-260-6346 (office); 443-924-1473 (mobile)