Comptroller of Maryland. Serving the People. Peter Franchot, Comptroller
Comptroller of Maryland
Maryland Taxes: Find all tax-related information and services. Maryland's Money: Resource for transparent financial reporting. Comptroller of Maryland: Information and resources for government agencies, state employees, vendors, and the general public. Media Services: Outlet for agency and Comptroller news. Online Services: Links to all agency online services and applications. Search Engine: Find it Fast! Translate the website to many languages Home Page

Holder Reimbursements

Any holder who pays an owner subsequent to remitting property to the State may apply for a reimbursement from the State. To accept a reimbursement from the State, please mail Form COT/ST 917 (Holder Claim Form) to the Unclaimed Property Unit. Claims greater than $1000 must show proof of payment or delivery of the property to the owner.

Remember to include your holder name, the date you originally reported the property to the State, the name and address of the owner, the amount of reimbursement requested, and your contact information, in case we have any questions.

Links for Report Unclaimed Property
Unclaimed Property
Report Unclaimed Property
  Reporting Requirements
  Delivery Methods
  Holder Reimbursements
  Safe Deposit Boxes
  Unclaimed Property Voluntary Disclosure Agreement
  Reciprocity Agreements
Download for Adobe Reader Homepage